Sushiberry: Baby Clothing, Toys, Accessories and More

A blog for discussion of baby clothing, toys, accessories, and anything else of interest to parents with babies.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Favorite books from your childhood

A post on another blog made me start thinking about my favorite childhood books. I commented on how much I enjoyed reading Richard Scarry books (especially What Do People Do All Day?) when I was a kid. I also loved all the Dr. Seuss books (who didn't?). I especially love reading these books to my children, who love them every bit as much as I do.

It always amazes me how well a good book ages, and it's the same with children's books as it is with literature for us grown-ups. Children's books are also very revealing of how things have changed over the years - I love the descriptions of how things like the mail, airports, etc work in the Richard Scarry books from almost 30 years ago.

OK, I'm getting too nostalgic now. Time for you to share - what are some of the books that bring you back to your childhood?

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Tonight at the party, my daughter's been talking about Where the Sidewalk ends and a Light in the Attic. I have those books at home somewhere too! I also have enjoyed sharing some of the Dr. Suess stories I remember. It is funny how much things change in some of those stories.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Greg said…

    Oh yeah - Shel Silverstein! It's been a loooong time since I've read any of his books. I'll have to see if my parents still have those, so I can start indoctrinating my kids in more of the books of my childhood.

    Thanks for reminding me!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home